Oyster and Contactless payments
- Can you tell me more about Oyster card?
- Where can I use my Pay As You Go Oyster card?
- Where can I top-up my Oyster card?
Below we answer some frequently asked questions about contactless payments. TfL have a page on their website about contactless payments and the independent website, Oyster Rail also discusses the pros and cons of Oyster vs Contactless payments.
- If you have less than £1.50 on your card can your account go overdrawn if you use contactless payments or is this element of your account kept separate?
- Will the daily, weekly, monthly cap be applied in a similar way to the way in which Oyster applies a cap?
- How will the machine indicate a rejected payment? Does it give the reason for rejection?
- Who should people contact if there is a problem with their payment?
- Will you/can you get a receipt for your Contactless payment?
- How close do you have to get to the reader for it to register?
- Can you get charged twice if you have two cards in your wallet or an Oyster and a payment card or will it reject the transaction?