If you contact London TravelWatch by telephone, the complaints team will:
- aim to answer at least 95 per cent of telephone calls that they receive, with at least 85 per cent answered within 20 seconds
- will return your call within 24 hours or when London TravelWatch is next open for business, if you can’t get through to an advisor and you leave a message
- will handle your call in a professional, polite and helpful manner
- will keep you informed during the course of the call and explain what is being done if you are placed on hold.
When you make a written appeal
We aim to:
- Acknowledge your email automatically or your letter within five working days of receiving it. These acknowledgements will contain information of how we intend to take your case forward.
- Upon receipt of the transport company’s response, we aim to respond to you within 20 working days. If we are not happy with the response to your concerns we will contact the transport company again and keep you informed of our actions.
- Reply to you within 10 working days if you have asked a question and within 20 days if your complaint is about us.
We try to keep to our target aims and response times. However there are times when we are not able to if we are very busy or if there are delays in getting the information we need from the transport company to be able to respond in full to you. In these cases we will try to keep you informed of our progress.
We aim to provide you with a clear and concise response, answering each of the points you raise. We will outline how the transport company has dealt with your complaint and, where appropriate, will also provide details of our policies or plans to address the issue in the future.
Where possible, the same member of staff will deal with your complaint from the start of correspondence until we give you our final reply.
Our commitment to you
We will try to respond to you by your method of choice. Most complainants prefer a written response so that they have an administrational trail, so we encourage communications to be in writing and all telephone calls to have written confirmation.
We will try to reply to you in your own language if English is not your first language. However we may need extra time to do this, and may not be able to meet our target response timescales.
We will respond to you using a format you ask us to use such as large print or audio tape although we may need additional time to do this and may not be able to meet our targets.
Reviewing our complaints procedure
We will keep the complaints procedure under review to ensure that it is accurate and up to date.