TfL and the London Boroughs both have a part to play in increasing the number of people who use the bus, by bringing in measures which #FreeTheBus.
TfL recently launched their Bus Action Plan and, with 95% of the capital’s roads being run by the Boroughs, there also are a number of practical changes that Local Authorities can make, which would help the bus become more reliable and reduce bus journey times.
We call on each borough to produce a plan to #FreeTheBus.
We are asking boroughs to:
- Make existing bus lanes 24/7 except at clearly defined loading times
- Enforce parking restrictions on bus routes
- Review parking spaces which slow the bus down
- Provide more priority for the bus at junctions
- Increase the number of bus lanes and other measures which improve bus journey times