Travel advice over Christmas and the New Year22 November 2019
There are a number of big engineering projects occurring over the Christmas period. London TravelWatch has put together some advice for people travelling over Christmas and New Year. The links below have further details about the works that are ongoing:
- London Paddington from Tuesday 24 to Tuesday 31 December
- Southminster / Southend Victoria from Friday 27 December to Wednesday 1 January
- Edinburgh / Haymarket area over the Christmas and New Year period
- Cardiff and the South Wales area from Friday 27 December to Thursday 2 January
- No service on the Northern line between Morden and Euston on either route on Boxing Day
There will be no trains, tubes, buses, trams or DLR on Christmas Day. Many train companies are not running trains on Boxing Day this year - so please check before you travel. Train companies and TfL (Overground, tubes, buses, trams, DLR) will be running Saturday, modified or reduced services during the festive season, so please check to see if and when your normal service is running.
From Wednesday 25 December until Wednesday 1 January 2020 (inclusive) there will be no charge for driving in the Congestion Charging zone.
As always, the advice is check before you travel during the festive season as your journey may be subject to engineering works.
Check the Transport for London (TfL) or National Rail websites to see how your journey may be affected.
As the festive period is a busy time with Christmas parties and celebrations, the British Transport Police and Network Rail are urging rail passengers to take care in the run up to Christmas and raising awareness of the risks of being drunk in stations, on platforms, and at level crossings.
- London TravelWatch is the official watchdog representing the interests of transport users in and around London, and independent of the transport operators and government. London TravelWatch is sponsored and funded by the London Assembly, part of the Greater London Authority.
- Follow London TravelWatch on Twitter and YouTube.
- For more information, please contact the London TravelWatch press office on 020 3176 5941 or 07734 055494.