What has London TravelWatch done to secure the best deal for passengers?
London TravelWatch supports the Thameslink Programme and the upgrade of London Bridge station. However, we have worked hard over the past 10 years to ensure that the project is completed with the minimum of disruption to passengers.
Our representations to the operators, the Thameslink Programme, TfL and the DfT have so far resulted in:-
- Recognition of the need to communicate clearly to passengers about when and where their journeys will be disrupted.
- Retention of capacity on the Greenwich line at peak hours between 2015 and 2018.
- Additional late evening and weekend services between Victoria, Peckham Rye, Lewisham, Bexleyheath and Dartford.
- Additional stops on Southeastern services from Kent at Denmark Hill for access to Kings College Hospital.
- London Underground to open their Cannon Street station in the late evening and all weekends from January 2015.
- Additional late evening and weekend services on suburban rail routes towards Orpington and Dartford.
- An agreement to allow holders of season tickets to ‘London Terminals’ to use some London Underground services to reach their normal station during disruption.
- Redesign of the final service specification for December 2018.
London TravelWatch participates in the Travel Demand Management Board for this project. If there any issues which you would like us to take up please let us know.