Visitors to London

Visitor_OysterIf you intend to travel by public transport in central London for up to five days in any seven days it will be best to use a contactless payment card and if you don’t have one, to get get an Oyster card. If you will be travelling for six or seven days in a seven day period, it is worth getting a seven day zone 1-2 Travelcard. For example, if you are travelling from Heathrow Airport, which is in zone 6, but staying in central London and visiting the many attractions that are located centrally, it is best to get a zone 1-2 seven day Travelcard and pay extension fares for zone 3-6 when you travel to and from the airport.  (You cannot use Travelcards on the Heathrow Express services).

London_touristA visitor Oyster card is also available from TfL. As well as being one of the cheapest ways to pay for single journeys on bus, Tube, tram, DLR, London Overground and most National Rail services in London, a Visitor Oyster card also entitles you to a range of discounts at shops and attractions across the capital. Further information about travelling around London for visitors can be found on TfL's website.