London transport advice and money saving tipsIn this section we give some advice on how to get the best fare when travelling around London as well as tips on discounted and concessionary fares. You can also find out about your rights on London transport, including advice on transport penalty fares, claiming transport compensation or refunds and minimum standards you should expect from London transport.
Click on the links below to find out more:
- Travelling around London – information about the various different ways of paying for travel including Oyster, contactless payment cards and Travelcards. You can also find out about the congestion charge and walking and cycling.
- Concessionary passes and discount railcards – find out how to get discounted travel in and around London
- Peak and off peak travel – find out how you can save by travelling outside peak time
- Special offers – find out about special discounts and offers at attractions when travelling by rail
- Your rights on London transport
- Refunds and compensation
- Penalty fares and prosecutions
- Lost property
We are keen to hear your money-saving tips to share with other Londoners, or those visiting London. Email or tweet us with any of your own tips or if we've missed out any obvious benefits and we'll post your recommendations on this page.